Wednesday 6 February 2013

Live - Costa Rica - This is my life

For those of you who wonder why I don't like to out, this story is for you.
So today there is a soccer game that I was told many people would be meeting up to go and watch together. I went back and forth all day about going and I finally decided that I should go because it would be a good opportunity to meet people and just do something; Mistake number 1. So I was told that some people were meeting at out volunteer organization's headquarters at 8:00. My roommate had to go to someone else's place before but was planning to meet there as well. Okay so I get my self ready with one outfit change and even some makeup and I get a taxi and go to Maximo (volunteer organization's name). Since I am a very punctual person I got there right around 8. What do I find when I get there? Nothing! There is no one there who is waiting to go out. With the exception of one person who was planning to go to a different bar. So I wait for half and hour because I figure people are just taking their time. Nope, no one shows up, so the staff tells me where this bar is and I head out on my own. With my hand-drawn map in hand, I walk the 5 minutes to this bar. I get there, and as I walk in I get a tap on the shoulder. It was the bouncer; I had unknowingly attempted to bypass him. Oops. Mistake number 2. Then he proceeds to ask me for ID. To which I respond, I have no ID; mistake number 3. Despite my sad face, he said that he couldn't let me in. So I had to turn around, very upset with myself and so disappointed that I had made the effort only to be rejected, and go home. These kind of little things always seem to happen to me. I am actually really disappointed. What a waste. On the bright side I get to go to bed early! Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment