Monday 1 April 2013

Live - Costa Rica - Semana Santa

So Holy Week was packed full of stuff! I worked from Monday to Wednesday. On Thursday I went with my roommate to a butterfly farm. They breed butterflies for exportation. It was beautiful! Did you know butterflies on live for around 7 days!?

Monarch
Morpho (Extra cool because the outside of its wings are camouflage and the inside are blue!)




Adam's Rib - This grows at the top of the forest and lets the light through its hole.

 
 

Eating mangos and bananas


"Paper" flowers

It was an ombre flower!

Then on Friday, I went to the Passion procession downtown. It was a serious spectacle! The archbishop was there and lots of tv cameras. Apparently I was on TV, my host grandma saw me.
Check out this bike officer's protective gear. Safety first!

This is the Metropolitan Church of San Jose



Saturday I went to the Easter Vigil mass at the church near where I live and it was beautiful! They built a big bonfire in the middle of the street and everyone lit their candles and we processed into the dark church. It looked so amazing! I'm not going to lie, the mass was long, but it was worth it.

Sunday I ate myself sick with Easter treats. Literally sick. Not good. I now know you should never eat that many jellybeans at one time! Just take my word for it... don't do it.

Today it was back to work! However as I was walking to Spanish class it started to pour! I was completely soaked by the time I had walked down the hill. Luckily I am friends with the lady who owns the laundry mat near Maximo and she put my pants in the dryer so I wouldn't have to sit in them for two hours. Off to class now!








No comments:

Post a Comment