Sunday 21 April 2013

Live - Costa Rica - This is it!

One more week! I am starting to mentally prepare myself for the cold since I heard that it is still snowing! That is just wrong. This weekend was a quiet one, I just hung around San Jose. However, I did decide to go to this huge park in San Jose called La Sabana where they have soccer fields, basketball courts, an artificial lake, running trails, and really awesome rainbow eucalyptus trees! I knew it was far but I just looked it up on google maps and I walked 20k round trip yesterday. No wonder I am completely exhausted! Here are some photos from yesterday and a couple of randoms from the past week.
This does not look safe for the horse. The guys driving the truck were pretty please that I was taking a photo of them though.

Rainbow Eucalyptus (or so I was told)


The artificial lake at the park. There were also people in paddleboats!

The beloved National Stadium. This is where, as you might guess, all the big soccer games are held. Soccer is definitely king here.

What used to be the old airport a loooooooooooooooong time ago. Now it is an art museum.

Not even little old Costa Rica is safe from the power of U.S. fast food. From left to right: Taco Bell, KFC, McDonalds, Wendy's, Quiznos, and Teriyaki Experience. Wow, talk about one stop shopping.

A farmer's market that I just happened to see as I was starting my journey to La Sabana.

This is not a regulation curb. I guess they don't want you to cross the street.


The sugar company is trying to convince you that should eat sugar. Top left: sugar doesn't cause diabetes. some of the causes are obesity, genetics, and poor diet. Top Right: essential says sugar makes things taste good. Bottom Left: sugar contains vitamin A which promotes good vision, and helps in the maintenance of good bones, skin, and teeth. Bottom Right: Energy - sugar gives energy to our bodies which is used to make organs function, such as the brain and muscles. (I am aware that muscles aren't an organ, I am just the translator) There is also another packet that isn't listed here that says Healthy - Sugar doesn't make you fat, inactivity and poor diet do. A normal daily calorie intake is 2000 calories, this packet of sugar is only 20.
Wow, this is very interesting manipulation of the facts. I hope people here don't fall for it.

Yesterday they were celebrating life in general in the city centre with all kinds of activities, and posters with positive thoughts on them. These guys were promoting no smoking. The guy on the left had grey lungs painted on his chest, the one on the right had healthy pink lungs and the guy in the middle had the point of their demonstration written on him. People were definitely paying attention! Although, that lady on the left looks kind of horrified. Maybe that was part of the point!

No comments:

Post a Comment